The Midwest Reproductive Symposium international Program Committee is pleased to invited you to submit your original scientific research abstract(s) and poster(s) to be considered for presentation at our upcoming symposium, June 3-6, 2020 in Chicago, Illinois.
If the nominating committee chooses your abstract, you will be invited to showcase your poster to conference attendees on Saturday, June 6th. Individuals in training (Fellows, residents, medical students) whose abstracts are accepted will have air or ground travel, hotel, and conference registration compensated. Abstracts submitted by all others will need to cover their own air/ground travel, hotel and conference registration. Two awards will be given: one to the top in-training individual submission and the second to the overall top abstract (regardless of submitter status). The winner of each will give an oral presentation on Saturday, June 6th. If the same individual wins both awards, they will only do one oral presentation.
Submissions will be de-identified before presentation to our Nominating Committee. Results will be tabulated and all submitters will be notified of their abstracts status the week of April 20th. Full details regarding the poster session and oral presentations will be given at that time.
Abstract Submission Deadline: Tuesday, March 31, 2020.
- Content - Abstracts must adequately describe the research performed so that the quality, originality, and completeness of the work can be evaluated. Abstracts submitted to previous conferences will only be accepted if they have been enhanced through the addition of new data, results, and/or interpretation. Only structured abstracts with the following headings can be submitted.
- Objective: An introductory sentence indicating the objective and purpose of the study
- Design: A briefly worded description of the study design
- Materials and Methods: A description of experimental procedures including applicable statistical evaluation
- Results: A summary of the new data and results
- Conclusions: A statement of the study's conclusions
- Support: Identify all sources of financial support for the research or state "None" if applicable.
- Abbreviations used in abstracts must be defined. Abbreviations are permitted in titles if they immediately follow the term being abbreviated and are enclosed in parentheses. If used in the text, they should be defined at first mention if not already defined in the title.
- ACCME guidelines require generic names be used for pharmaceuticals, biologics, and medical devices. The trade name of the particular product used in a study may be included in parentheses the first time the product is referenced. The trade name may be used if the product is the only one of its general type and use of the generic name would encumber the reader.
- Limit the number of authors to six (6) - no exceptions.
- In the abstract text boxes, list the presenting author first. Type each authors' first name, initial, last name and affiliation in upper and lower case, in italics, not in bold. The authors' names will be listed in conference materials exactly as submitted.
- Do not identify individuals in the title or abstract body.
- Bold the title and type it in all CAPS.
- Abstract size limits - the body of the abstract is limited to 2,000 characters, which may include one table. Inclusion of a table will replace some character space. Figures and/or graphics are not permitted and will be deleted. Titles are limited to 200 characters and are not included in the abstract body character count. Author names and affiliations are not included in either character count.
- Review and selection of abstracts: Abstracts will be reviewed by the Program Nominating Committee and selected for inclusion in the program on the basis of scientific content and significance to the field of reproductive medicine.
- Authors assume complete responsibility for the integrity and validity of the data at the time of submission.